Below are the basic steps on how to draw or create a circle in Adobe Illustrator.
1. Open a New Document by clicking on “File” > “New“.
2. Supply the necessary size and details for your new document. Click “Create“.
3. After creating the new document and Artboard, click on the “Ellipse Tool” located in the side toolbar.
4. A popup window will appear when you click on the artboard after selecting the “Ellipse Tool“. Supply the circle Width and Height. To make the circle proportional click on the constraint button in the middle right part of the window.
5. Back in your document, click anywhere on your artboard. You will notice that a circle/ ellipse shape has been drawn automatically.
6. You can resize your circle by opening the Transform Panel by pressing “Window” > “Transform“. Once the Transform Panel has been opened, change the value in the Width and Height field.
7. To change the color of your shape or the stroke, select the circle that you want to change and go to the upper toolbox and find the color palette tool.
8. Choose the color of the shape and stroke as well as the stroke design and thickness according to your preference.
9. After changing the stroke and colour settings, you can now add as many ellipses as you like.
10. Save your document.