This tutorial will guide you on how to place a Drop Shadow on your text or images. See the steps below:
1. Create a New Document by selecting “File” > “New“.
2. Supply all necessary properties to create a new document. Click “OK“.
3. Start placing and editing objects or text on your artboard according to preference.
4. Identify the object or text that you’d like to put a Drop Shadow on. For this example, we want to place a drop shadow on the Santa Claus vector image and the “vectortoons.com” site address.
5. Select the object/text using the Selection Tool.
6. Once the object has been selected, click on “Effects” > “Stylize” > “Drop Shadow“.
7. The Drop Shadow window will appear, experiment and play around with the setting of your drop shadow by checking the “Preview” box. Once satisfied with the look, select “OK“.
8. Repeat the steps above with the text to create a Drop Shadow effect.
9. Once satisfied, save your document. You’ve now successfully placed a drop shadow effect using Adobe Illustrator.